Posted on: April 9, 2021
As the Sr. Auditor I you will be responsible for understanding
and evaluating the internal control and risk environment within
Assurant, Inc. at the business, process, transaction, and/or
application level. He or she completes all internal audit work in
compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all
organizational and professional ethical standards. Specific
objectives include the following:
- Lead complex audit projects and teams under the direction of
the Audit Manager, report key findings to stakeholders, assist in
project scheduling, perform initial reviews of work product,
prepare department reports and other required internal audit
- Work closely with Assurant business leaders and managers to
understand the strategy and risks Assurant businesses and then
advise on the control structures necessary to manage risks.
- Participate in department initiatives to ensure department
processes, systems and methodologies effectively and efficiently
enable the department to meet its chartered objectives.MAJOR AREAS
OF ACCOUNTABILITYLead Complex Audit ProjectsThe primary function of
this role is to lead projects that identify risk, evaluate internal
controls and report key findings for assigned business areas, and
assess their impact to Assurant's mission, strategy and related
business objectives. Specific tasks include the following:
- Oversee and perform complex risk based audits through all
phases of the audit including planning, testing and providing
written reports of key findings.
- Assess opportunities to improve the internal control
environment across the company.
- Use knowledge of finance, insurance industry & finance
regulations, process management and general business to help
Assurant business leaders initiate and manage risk.
- Understand, recognize and communicates key performance drivers,
business trends, and emerging financial, technical and industry
- Lead audit team(s) as required.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is sufficient,
adequate and meets professional standards to re-perform conclusions
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
through written reports and oral presentations.Build Relationships
with Business Leaders/ManagersDevelop the business relationships
that enable the audit department to fulfill its charter and meet
stakeholder expectations. Specific tasks include the following:
- Develop an understanding of Assurant Businesses and maintain
awareness of significant industry, regulatory and business changes
across the organization and their potential impact on the
established control environment.
- Apply listening skills to understand business issues and risks
by being responsive to clients.
- Be a trusted, objective and independent partner that is sought
after to provide cost effective, independent assurance and advice
on the effectiveness of the company's management of critical
risks.Department DevelopmentEnsure that department processes,
systems and methodologies effectively and efficiently enable the
department to meet its chartered objectives.Requirements:The
candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following
- Ability to identify risks and controls and understand the
relationship between the risks and controls identified on the RCM
and the control testing being performed.
- Ability to analyze data, identify root causes and propose
reasonable solutions that manage risk.
- Ability to provide an objective and independent view of data
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions,
evaluating arguments and drawing conclusions.
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under
pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply abstract ideas to achieve
measurable results.KnowledgePreference will be given to those
proficient in one or more of the following topic areas:
- Internal audit professional standards, risk assessment, IFC,
- Accounting & finance (GL, AP, AR, payroll systems, ratios,
- Risk, compliance, Insurance and financial regulations
- Business process improvement and design (BPM, Lean, Six Sigma,
- IT Systems, data, security
- Business ethics and integrity with an awareness of situations
that might lead to unethical behavior.
- Impact of culture on business strategy, change
management.Leadership BehaviorsThe candidate will be able to
provide examples of successfully demonstrating the following
- Ability to resolve conflict, negotiate and communicate
- Ability to build credibility and trust with colleagues and
- Ability to analyze problems and make decisions
- Ability to work in an inclusive and collaborate approach with
others and deliver results.
- Ability to deliver work within an appropriate timeline and
- Required: 2 - 4 years of internal or external auditing
- Bachelor's degree - Accounting, Finance or Business
- Required: Experience in formal communications (written reports
and oral) with all levels of staff and management
- Required: Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data,
recognizing assumptions, evaluating information and drawing logical
- Preferred: Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Preferred: Additional languages (Portuguese)
- Preferred: Experience applying broad business knowledge and
practical experience to manage and control risk.Travel
required:Ability to travel internationally/domestically up to 15%
to conduct audits and participate in department meetings.
#AssurantProud Benefits and Value Proposition:
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to
full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD,
LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment
and promote professional and career development for our employees.
- Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All
aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the
Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and
qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or
local law.To learn more about our current opportunities and apply
online, please visit: > Follow us on Twitter! > Company
Profile:Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P
500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ.
Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in
annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees
worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district.
Keywords: Assurant, Homestead , Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!