Director Emergency Services
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Director Emergency Services-18953DescriptionJob Summary Oversees
and directs departmental activities to ensure quality services for
both internal and external customers. Supports and upholds the
Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors, Patient
Bill of Rights, and the Code of Business and Ethical Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 years of managerial experience or demonstrated leadership
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- Minimum of 2 years pediatric related experience.
- MSN or Master's in a Health Care Related field or currently
- RN licensure within the state of Florida. #INDMP #CA-JH
QualificationsEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates services within
scope of responsibility/authority to ensure department goals that
coincide with the hospital strategic plan and outcomes.
- Coordinates the departmental performance improvement
process/Key Quality indicators including the preparation, analysis,
and submission of required reports. Updates and communicates
outcomes and information to stakeholders quarterly.
- Demonstrates personal and professional growth and expertise by
remaining current with state and federal associations and with
professional trends, and by participating in community activities.
Develops reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures
and assures the department's compliance with all state and federal
- Directs through collaborative practice associations and through
participation on teams, councils, task forces, and special projects
both internal and external to enhance the image of the
- Interacts interdepartmentally to promote Clinical Service Lines
and New Program development and strategy with team members
(including Physicians) on Market expansion.
- Maintains a department-staffing model that is in alignment with
departmental budget and key quality indicators. Oversees talent
development of the staff, including hiring, employment separation,
orientation, talent development, and training, succession planning
disciplinary measures, orientation, mentoring and evaluation
including feedback sessions.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of respective department, to
provide consistent quality service to internal and external
customers including audits, of TM&E employee files and pay
information including Kronos pay transaction to ascertain
consistency with established pay policies, resolves
- Performs all fiscal responsibilities (Capital and Operational)
according to hospital policies and procedures Seeks opportunities
to reduce cost and enhance revenue. -Strategically positions the
organization to react and responds effectively to unplanned
circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the department while
creating an environment where revenue enhancement and cost
reductions are met and exceed.
- Promotes safety standards in order to ensure an error free
environment. Establishes standards, provides training and enforces
compliance of departmental hospital customer service program.
- Provide administrative support to ED Nurse Managers in the
areas of employee evaluations, progressive discipline, staffing,
KRONOS monitoring and payroll processing.
- Work in conjunction with the ED Nurse Managers in the
implementation of process improvement and monitoring of quality
- 4 years of general clinical nursing experience preferred.
- After 1 year in role, National Certification will be
- Consistently demonstrates positive interpersonal relations and
cooperates with others in the accomplishment of the hospital's
goals and shares information appropriately and in a timely
- Demonstrates clinical competency in the pediatric setting.
- Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with
clients and co-workers and effectively monitor and develop the
abilities of subordinates.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively in English both
verbally and in writing and to maintain confidentiality of
- Requires the ability to use logical and scientific thinking to
interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Requires the ability to use standard mathematical techniques to
budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Requires the ability to work with patients and their families.
(EOE DFW)Job:Nursing - ManagementPrimary
Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital
CampusDepartment:NURSING ADMINISTRATION-2100-860950Job Status:Full
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Homestead , Director Emergency Services, Executive , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!