Project Manager - Water/Wastewater
Company: Wharton-Smith, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Wharton-Smith, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Project
Manager to work in the Water/Wastewater Division in the Homestead,
FL area. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible
for the overall performance of the project(s) from the
estimating/pre-construction phase to successful completion
including safety, owner satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality
- Build strong relationships with client/owner, architect, and
engineer. Ensure they will want to renew the construction
experience with Wharton-Smith.
- Maintain a positive image of the company with clients, vendors,
subcontractors, and team members.
- Partner with Preconstruction Services regarding value
engineering/constructability, soliciting bidders, estimating
assistance and generating proposals.
- Set up and maintain project cost accounting.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule.
- Support the permitting, testing and inspection requirements of
- Familiar with owner contract requirements and delivery
- Negotiate subcontractor agreements and equipment/material
- Develop a Schedule of Values and generate monthly payment
- Review and approve subcontractor pay applications and vendor
- Track and evaluate subcontractor change management.
- Facilitate subcontractor and owner coordination/progress
meeting and document meeting minutes.
- Manage execution of contracts, bonds, insurance certificates,
contract compliance, and warranties.
- Monitor the submittal, shop drawing, and purchase order process
to insure accurate and timely delivery of equipment and
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and
review with the project team on a weekly basis.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis to review job progress,
production planning boards, quality of work and safety on the
- Manage change orders, extra work orders, disputed claims, with
owner and owner's representatives to a successful conclusion.
- Resolve major disputes with vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage startup and commissioning of facility, where
- Provide owner training to the end user and turn-over contract
- Review and report project financial information, performance
and any major conflicts to be resolved with Division Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Construction Management, or other relevant degree.
- Must have relevant water/wastewater construction
- Experience in managing self-perform crews is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing leader and team player with five plus years of
experience in engineering, construction, or related field.
- Proven success in the completion of multimillion-dollar
projects. Technical skills:
- Computer-based CPM Scheduling Programs
- Construction Management Software
- Microsoft Office Products
Keywords: Wharton-Smith, Inc., Homestead , Project Manager - Water/Wastewater, Executive , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!