Assistant Production & Sales Manager for Container Nursery
Company: Confidential Company
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The PositionWe are growers and supplier of interior foliage. We
are seeking a reliable fulltime person to give support to our
Production and Sales Manager.Position based in Homestead,
- A degree in Horticulture, Soil Science, Plant Science, or
Agriculture is preferred, though practical experience in lieu of a
formal education may be acceptable.
- Nursery Experience
- Pesticide License would be a +
- Competent verbal and written English-communication skills and
Spanish verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to foster and maintain positive working
relationships with co-workers, nursery crew, clients, and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel,
- Valid Florida driver's license.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the USA.Main Responsibilities
- Assist to develop, maintain, enforce a safe and clean working
environment for the nursery crew.
- Assist to provide education to the nursery crew about plant
growth and best practices.
- Assist in giving direction to the nursery crew in regards plant
- Assist in maintaining crop production and inventory
- Prepare accurate plant production forecasts with his
- Manage record keeping and growing sheets
- Watering Crops
- Mixing chemicals
- Scouting of crops.
- Assist in ordering supplies as necessary to satisfy the
- Facilitate walk-in sales as necessary. Promote available plants
to potential buyers, based on customers' preferences and
- Assist in preparing end of the month availability based on
Plant inventory ready to offer to customers.
- Order the requisite Inspection Certificates, as required by
federal, state, and local laws and regulationsWork Environment
Physical RequirementsThe work environment for this position is a
mix of indoor and outdoor workspaces, varying from full sun
exposure to a shady indoor/greenhouse area.
- Must be able to work in and around various nursery settings,
including direct contact with various plant and materials and
exposure to dirt, dust.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and/or otherwise move
up to 25-pounds regularly, and up to 50-pounds occasionally. Must
be able to perform routine physical work including bending,
stooping, and reaching. -Other Information
- Job Type: Regular full-time.
- Salary: $22.00 to $23.00
- Schedule: Normal work hours are 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, with some
flexibility. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Schedule may include Saturday morning, as necessary.
- Benefits: Paid Holidays
- Eligibility for company bonus. -
Keywords: Confidential Company, Homestead , Assistant Production & Sales Manager for Container Nursery, Executive , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!