RN Vascular Access (Part Time, No Benefits, Mid-shift))
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: April 9, 2021
RN Vascular Access (Part Time, No Benefits,
Mid-shift))-19694DescriptionJob Summary Provides evidence-based
vascular access care for pediatric patients that include
Intravenous (IV) Access, Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter
(PICC) line placement & insertion, and dressing changes. Supports
the nursing units, collaborates with the RNs, medical staff, and
educates patients and their family members on the procedure in a
compassionate patient and family centered care environment.
Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated
hospital and Patient Bill of Rights and practices under the
supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director. Minimum Job
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- RN licensure within the State of Florida.
- PALS certification completion within 2 years in this
- A minimum of one year RN experience is required.
- Proficient in IV insertion and placement. #INDMP
QualificationsESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:Nursing Care Functions
- Provides Vascular Access nursing care including Peripheral
Intravenous (IV), Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC)
line insertion, placement, monitoring & dressing changes.
- Communicates patient's progress, critical findings, and changes
in the patients' condition w/ the physician or disciplines involved
regarding IV therapy complications & procedure.
- Educates patients & families on Vascular Access procedure,
documents the teaching in Electronic Health Record & notifies RN
and/or Physician of any patient/family concerns.
- Assesses all body systems, absence of blood borne infections,
surgical site infections & observance of skin integrity for
prevention of skin breakdown.
- Follows physician's orders and administers medications. Adheres
to the six rights of medication administration.
- Plans, implements and documents the plan of care in
collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure
safe and efficient care.
- Delegates nursing care based on knowledge of staff
qualifications and competency.
- Performs reassessments as per policy, when there is a change in
the plan of care or when an intervention is performed.
- Assembles medical equipment and supplies for procedure and
restock supplies. Charting/Documentation
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to
hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in
the patient's electronic health record. Quality/Safety
- Promotes an "error free" working environment by consistently
providing high-quality, safe care as per hospital policies,
conducts prevention rounding and follows up on identified concerns
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, efficient
care delivery with emphasis on the absence of medication errors,
avoidance of falls, ouch-free procedural pain & reduction of
- Completes the hand off process at shift change, provides
patient information, communicates pending IV's, PICC line
insertions, and dressing changes.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- BSN Degree or currently enrolled in BSN program
- Pediatric Nursing and/or experience working in an Emergency
and/or ICU Nursing department preferred
- Experience with PICC Line placement preferred
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Career Development: National certified preferably within 5
years of hire
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice,
analytical thinking and service excellence in practice
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information
to make judgments regarding patient care
- Able to float to various nursing units while maintaining the
delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service
- On-call assignment per department and hospital
policyJob:Nursing - ClinicalPrimary Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus
Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusDepartment:VASCULAR
ACCESS TEAM-2100-715000Job Status:Part Time No Benefits
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Homestead , RN Vascular Access (Part Time, No Benefits, Mid-shift)), Healthcare , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!