RN -Homestead Urgent Care Nicklaus Children's Health System - Homestead, FL
Company: Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted on: January 6, 2022
RN (Part-time w/Benefits; Days)-Homestead Urgent Care-19635
Responsible for the planning and delivery of care utilizing nursing
processes: assessment, implementation and evaluation. Oversees the
plan of care, utilizes effective problem solving strategies, and
applies evidence based practices. Supports and upholds quality
standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of
Rights. Provides compassionate and family centered care for Urgent
Care Center (UCC) patients. Practices under the supervision of the
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN licensure within the State of Florida - maintain active and
in good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good
standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association PALS within 2 years of hire -
maintain active and in good standing throughout
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) required within 3 months of
hire (current staff must obtain by 12/31/2018) - maintain active
and in good standing throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in a BSN degree
- 1 year of experience as an RN in a Pediatric ED/UCC or ICU
- Career Development: National certification Certified Pediatric
Nurse (i.e. ANCC, CPN, or RNBC) preferably within 5 years of
- PEARS (Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and
Stabilization) completion within two years of hire- maintain active
and in good standing throughout employment.
- Proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Possesses a passion for learning.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information
to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice,
analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
- Able to float to various urgent care centers as needed while
maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality
- Able to pick up on-call assignment per department and hospital
Job Specific Duties
- Communicates patient's progress including critical findings &
changes in condition with physician and/or disciplines involved in
the care of the child. Performs and documents discharge
- Completes intakes to prepare patient to be seen by the medical
team including vital signs, weight, height, symptoms, and
- Delegates nursing care based on knowledge of staff
qualifications and competency.
- Performs intake assessment on patients with an emergency
- Performs nursing treatments and follows physician team orders
for medication administration, IV hydration, aerosol respiratory
support, etc. on assigned patients.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a transfer to a higher level
of care for EMTALA transfers.
- Obtains parental immunization consent for every immunization
administered per policy.
- Assists Physician in procedures (I&D, lacerations, sutures
removal) as needed.
- Follows physician's orders, checks labs, tests, and administers
patient medications when needed. Adheres to six rights of
medication administration per Medication administration policy.
- Assesses IV sites after removal of IV to check for infiltration
- Ensures safe analgesics/narcotics administration, monitoring
and reassessment as per hospital Pain Management policy and
- Asses electronic health record independently according to
hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation
within 24 hours in the patient's electronic health record.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care
and solicits input. Communicates any patient and family concerns to
- Provides education and documents patient/family teachings on
health related needs (i.e. disease, medications, treatments, pain,
discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care, etc.).
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by
consistently performing thorough hand-offs (utilizing SBAR) and
infection prevention measures.
- Ensures safe/effective/efficient care delivery with emphasis on
absence of medication errors & blood borne infections, avoidance of
falls from surface, ouch-free procedural pain, & reduction of
- Completes chart reviews observe for Accreditation and
- Completes charges on all assigned patients.
- Demonstrates proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
indication and use.
- Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving a 95% CEI;
completes documentation in a timely manner; accountable to
regulatory and requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH, & ACHA.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral
health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention
Job: Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location: Florida-Homestead
Department: HOMESTEAD ACC - NURSING-2100-512600
Job Status: Part Time with Benefits
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Health System, Homestead , RN -Homestead Urgent Care Nicklaus Children's Health System - Homestead, FL, Healthcare , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!