Registered Nurse ( Multiple Specialties) OCA PERM - Homestead, Florida - Float
Company: Bruce W Carter Department of Veterans Affairs Medi
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Registered Nurse ( Multiple Specialties) OCA PERM - Homestead,
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT for Bruce W Carter DVAMC
looking for RNs (Multiple Specialties). It will remain open until
06-30-2022. The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible
applications will be 01-28-2022. Eligible applications received
after this date will be referred at regular intervals or as
additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions
There are vacancies for RNs in a variety of specialty areas to
- Ambulatory Care
- Critical Care (MICU, SICU, PCU)
- Emergency Department
- Medical Surgery/Telemetry
- Long Term Care
- Mental Health
- Operating Room
- Recovery Room (PACU)
- Spinal Cord Injury
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Deliver patient-family-centered care utilizing evidence-based
quality, safety, and veteran-centric care standards.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with examination, procedure
- Execute nursing interventions by coordinating care across the
- Provide safe, ethical, and culturally congruent care.
Critical Care (MICU, SICU, PCU)
- Monitor and evaluates seriously ill patients.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making in emergency scenarios based
on patient conditions such as vital signs, patient presentation,
and assessments including monitoring patient with Pulmonary Artery
Catheter, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy, and Ventilator
- Assess, implement, and evaluate the plan of care for patients
utilizing a multidisciplinary approach.
- Determine the health status and needs of patients through the
interpretation of data and preventive practice in collaboration
with patients and interdisciplinary health care team
- Respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or
response to treatment.
- Responsible for managing the day to day care of acutely ill
adult patients requiring cardiac monitoring, frequent assessments,
and interventions. Cares for patients experiencing general medical
conditions or surgical procedures, which require assessments
related to specific conditions.
- Administer medication.
- Complete documentation requirements.
- Support patient self-determination and health
- Monitoring and interpretation of telemetry
- Provide direct and indirect nursing care to meet physiological,
psychosocial, and emotional needs of the patient.
- Participate in problem-solving activities of the health care
team by attending unit meetings, utilizing positive interpersonal
skills and appropriate channels to initiate change.
Long Term Care
- Responsible for providing total comprehensive nursing to
patients and their families through the implementation of a plan of
- Direct, monitor, and evaluate nursing care in accordance with
Operating Room (OR)
- Responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient care of the
patient in the operating room before, during and after surgical
- Ensure the OR is prepared with all necessary supplies,
implants, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Assess patients quickly, prioritize, and assist the surgeons
- Closely monitor patients' post-procedure vital signs, assess
levels of consciousness, and carefully observe patients for any
side effects from anesthesia.
- Collaborate with physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists,
technologists, and other hospital personnel as necessary to provide
quality patient care. Works with a high level of attention to
ensure each patient safely transitions from an anesthetized state
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Provide direct care services to a culturally diverse group of
patients with medical/surgical and rehabilitation needs through
coordination of services
- Provide nursing care for active duty and veteran patients with
SCI disorders. Patient population includes Multiple Sclerosis,
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis(ALS)
Financial Disclosure Report:
Keywords: Bruce W Carter Department of Veterans Affairs Medi, Homestead , Registered Nurse ( Multiple Specialties) OCA PERM - Homestead, Florida - Float, Healthcare , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!