Human Resources Generalist
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: March 11, 2023
- Reporting to a Human Resources Business Partner, the HR
Generalist performs a variety of Human Resources activities for
American Career College, West Coast University, Shared Services
and/or Administration in a multi-faceted, multi-location academic
- Advises supervisors/managers of various state and federal
regulations; provides employee relations support to associates in
an effort to resolve workplace issues.
- Mediates differences between associates and supervisors in
support of a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Conducts internal investigations working with legal counsel and
relevant subject matter experts.
- Promotes direct communication and positive rapport among
associates, supervisors and senior management.
- Takes an active role in performance management and use of
various resources to assist managers in addressing job performance
and other behavioral issues.
- Answers questions from associates in all areas of Human
Resources and directs them as appropriate.
- Meets with associates to hear concerns, answer questions to
promote/educate them on organizational policies and procedures.
Encourages problem resolution through the appropriate chain of
command making considerations for matters of a sensitive nature.
Mediates differences between associates and supervisors.
- Serves as a resource for associates and management at American
Career College, West Coast University, Shared Services, and
Administration on issues where the company's interests may be at
risk. Coordinates with managers to assure adherence to policies and
procedures for initiating disciplinary processes. Consults with key
stakeholders and legal counsel to mitigate risk to the
- Applies knowledge of company policies and procedures, state and
federal regulations when dealing with a wide variety of employment
situations and maintains consistency and fairness at all times.
Consults with subject matter experts as necessary.
- Conducts internal investigations and produces findings and
report at conclusion of investigation.
- Works closely with management on associate counseling and
advises management on appropriate corrective action. Participates
in separation meetings. Prepares separation agreements as
- Stays current on changes to local, state and federal rules and
regulations regarding employment laws, and employee relations.
Administers human resources policy and procedures. Researches and
recommends when changes are warranted.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Business Administration or
Human Resources Management) or equivalent experience required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Preferred.
- Minimum two years employee relations experience required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
including internal investigations.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal laws related to
Human Resources functions, plus separation, employee relations and
investigative procedures with special focus on California law.
- Must be experienced in data analytics and research techniques
to supply the most accurate information, reports and
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal governmental regulatory
standards related to employment law.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and
constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and
- Demonstrated ability to gain the attention and respect of
associates and leaders at all levels.
- Ability to deal with and maintain very sensitive and highly
- Expertise in conflict management and resolution.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust
through collaborative decision making/problem solving in a
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follows
through with duties.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution
skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- This is a campus-based position, which requires an in-person
presence on a regular basis.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive
benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development West Coast University is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
Campus: Shared Services
Keywords: West Coast University, Homestead , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...