World History Teacher - 9th Grade
Company: Charter Schools USA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: Create and implement a flexible program and
classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal
growth. Develop lesson plans consistent with established
guidelines. Establish effective rapport with students, staff
members and parents. Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes
and knowledge to provide an effective educational foundation, in
accordance with each student's ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of
understanding regarding each student's abilities and needs.
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each
- Demonstrate a variety / range of student learning modalities in
- Frequently utilizes diagnostic assessment of student
- Maintains accurate and complete student records
- Frequently evaluates student strengths and weaknesses, provides
appropriate activities to address student needs and generates
progress reports as required
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral
- Coordinates class field trips
- Prepares students for state required achievement
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated
work on display as appropriate
- Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in
accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in
the classroom in a fair and consistent manner
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines
- Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to
meet instructional objective and students needs.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation
upon request of supervisory personnel.
- Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning
during designated meetings.
- Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as
required in the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement
effectively the planned instructional program.
- Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable
effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
- Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents
via all appropriate mediums.
- Cooperates with members of the administration and other
- Maintains confidentiality about students.
- Attends parent communication activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities as required.
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the
mission of the company; supports the company's values in the
strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance,
superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in
the Employee Handbook.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at
all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all
levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must
be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability
to prioritize wisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all
constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral
(including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active
listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow
instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback
to improve performance.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS).
- Strong student orientation.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives
projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find
appropriate and acceptable.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as
- Successful results of criminal and employment background
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the Company may
find appropriate and acceptable.
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Homestead , World History Teacher - 9th Grade, Other , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!