Care Assistant- Emergency Services (Full Time, Day shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Care Assistant- Emergency Services (Full Time, Day
shift) -20267DescriptionJob SummaryResponsible for maintaining a
clean, organized, safe patient environment and assists with patient
care activities such as taking vital signs, feeding, bathing and
daily living activities. Collaborates with the healthcare team and
provides compassionate and empathic family-centered care for the
patients and families. Works under the supervision of a RN and in
accordance with the hospital policies and procedures.
- C.N.A. certification, EMT or Paramedic - active licensure in
the State of Florida.
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- Psychiatric requirements per policy.QualificationsEssential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
bathing, personal hygiene, nutrition and comfort measures, changing
bed linens, and diapers.
- Performs vital signs, heights, weights, head circumference &
other measurements and records the results in the Electronic Health
Record according to nursing and hospital policies &
- Informs RN of pertinent information and/or communications all
significant changes in patient condition or behavior.
- Recognizes accepted priorities for care needs and takes
direction for re-prioritizing from the RN.
- Restock supplies such as gloves, gowns, linen, medical
equipment, assists with room preparation and turnover.
- Identifies the needs of the patient and provide necessary
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and
promotes/practices cost containment.
- Ensures clean and maintains patient rooms and nursing station
at all times.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Assists with transporting patients for special procedures.
- Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient practice
operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient
- Greets and welcomes patients, families and visitors.
Communicates information regarding MCH services and delivers
excellent and timely service and support.
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and collaborates in a
- Strong time management skills.
- Computer literate.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative environment and
follow the direction of the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice,
analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
- CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) preferred(EOE
DFW)Job:Nursing- Support (Clinical)Primary
Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital
CampusDepartment:EMERGENCY ROOM NURSING-2100-670600Job Status:Full
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Homestead , Care Assistant- Emergency Services (Full Time, Day shift), Other , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!