Company: SOLUTE + Sigma Defense
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionSigma Defense Systems is a leading technology
company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical
communications systems and services for digital modernization since
2006. Through our acquisition of SOLUTE in 2022, we have broadened
our portfolio of solutions and services to include JADC2, C5ISR,
SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force,
Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through our software-focused
approach, we provide a platform and tools that accelerates
information collection and sharing for faster decision making and
better mission outcomes.We are a company of innovative
professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that
fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated
individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now
is a great time to join Sigma Defense!** This position is
contingent upon award.**Essential Job Responsibilities(not
- Data analysts and data engineers skills that includes
programming, mathematical modeling, statistics, and domain
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining a data pipeline.
- Interpret and analyze complex sets of data, as well as plan,
execute, and manage ML projects with cloud-native platforms and
advanced Machine Learning solutions.
- Recognize challenging processes, technologies, and leverage a
vast array of methodologies in the field, such as data mining,
natural language programming, and machine learning.
- Comprehend and manipulate structured and unstructured large
data sets, which requires proficiency in distributed SQL
programming, relational and non-relational data queries, general
programming languages (such as Python and R,) and machine learning
- Advanced math and statistics background with programming,
domain knowledge, and communication skills to analyze data, create
applied mathematical models, and present results in a form useful
to the organization.
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and
statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various
data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to
clean, massage, and organize the data
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on
experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to
command data challenges.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build Data environments
providing data identified by other data professionals
- Apply and develop scientific methodology, statistics, and
algorithms to discover and frame relevant problems, hypotheses, and
- Develop predictive and prescriptive modeling, natural language
processing (NLP), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), text mining and
processing, clustering, forecasting methods, and other advanced
- Design and automate processes to facilitate the manipulation
and analysis of data. Manage and integrate data across dissimilar
data sets. Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured
- Use frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop to conduct large-scale
data processing. Perform statistical modeling and create data
visualizations using products like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and
- Research, design, and implement algorithms to solve complex
problems. Program using R, Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas) or similar
- Perform data engineering, data processing and modeling
techniques using cloud-based data management, data science, and ML
platforms such as Databricks, IBM Cloud Pak, Cloudera, and
- Communicate complex concepts and hypothesis to a non-technical
audience through digital storytelling.Qualifications
- Education: Bachelors degree in a STEM field is required.
Masters degree is preferred in Operations Research, Industrial
Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer
Science, or related fields.
- Experience: Demonstrated experience applying data science
methods to real-world data problems.
- Credentials: Proficient in Agile Development and Git
- Certifications: Provide certifications for any attributes
identified in the qualification fields.
- Computer Programs/Software: Proficient with one or more
programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.) or similar
analytical languages, Databricks, IBM Cloud Pak, Cloudera,
Snowflake, and frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive SalaryWe are an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any
other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
Keywords: SOLUTE + Sigma Defense, Homestead , Data Scientist, Other , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!