USA Associate, Data Architecture
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: September 20, 2022
USA Associate, Data Architecture
Miami, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Capable of decomposing complex problems to modules, related
tasks and construct tactical solutions with prescribed tools that
can be adopted by all data architects. Can introduce new tools or
features to the framework.
- Understand complex business requirements and take the lead to
design enterprise information architecture solutions in compliance
with firm wide data management principles and security
- Analyze across multiple data domains and define strategies to
reduce data redundancy, improve data availability, and
accessibility by partnering with the technical teams and deliver a
maintainable and reusable data architecture.
- Act as SME to multiple data domains and is a single point of
contact for data sources in the domain.
- Analyze data attributes from multiple systems and develop
Common Information Models.
- Govern data decisions related to data model design, data access
patterns, and data services.
- Maintains the end-to-end vision of the data flow diagram and
develop logical data models into one or more physical data
- Define and Implement data access controls and monitoring.
- Works with project management and other architects to provide
work estimates and ensure timely delivery of the data
- Works with business users to gather, document and seek approval
of business requirements.
- Supports data governance and data stewards. Reviews data rules
developed by stewards.
- Escalate data issues to governance as needed and seek
- Perform data analysis, creates and maintains data models,
mapping documents, data dictionary as per data architecture
- Publish data dictionary.
- Liaison with development, DBA and reporting team.
Creates deployment packages and supports Production installs,
issues as directed.
- Define/test/Implement and optimize data architecture
- Seeks design approval from data architecture team and from
architecture review board. Maintains the review documents and
- Mentor junior architects as business and technical SME.
- Provide work status to management.
Educational BS/MS in Computer Science, Engg. or related IT
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in data discipline such as
developing and implementing data framework, reference models, data
modeling (operational and analytical). Has some hands on experience
with emerging technologies such as streaming data capture, change
data capture etc.
- Hands on experience on multiple data technologies such as
relational Databases, Data replication, Data Integration, Reporting
and data governance tools with a strong emphasis on databases.
- Hands on expertise in data modeling for operational, warehouse
master data/reference data and analytical reporting system.
Experienced in conceptual, logical and physical modeling using
Erwin or similar tools. Can develop MS office automation code.
- 7 or more yrs. hands on working knowledge in one or more
relational database such as Oracle MS SQLServer (preferred),
- Expertise in designing solution for structured and unstructured
data (JSON, XML) and working knowledge of data streaming
- Ability to write efficient queries, performance tuning,
advanced data partitioning, right use of indices, materialized
views, database encryptions and access control are a must.
- Working knowledge of Integration with Data quality tool (IGC
preferred) and Data scheduling tool such as Control-M or
- Very Good understanding of underlying hardware architecture
(process and storage) used by data stores (RDBMS and non
- Proficient in using MS office suite and ability to develop MS
office automation code. Develop Power shell scripts where
- Some hands on knowledge of data integration, reporting and
scheduling tools such as Informatica (preferred) or equivalent and
reporting tools such as SSRS, SSAS, and Tableau (preferred) or
equivalent, Control-M or equivalent.Non Technical:
- 5 or more years of financial services industry experience with
very good understanding of cross domain business processes.
- Ability to develop and document data architecture using
industry standard modeling tools and techniques.
- Strong systems thinking and analytical approaches to problem
- Ability to articulate complex technical scenarios to stake
holders and non-technical audience in a simple business
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and oral and written
communication skills. Should be able to partner and build consensus
with peers, seniors and cross functional team.
- Experience in working in a team-oriented, multi-cultural,
Patient and flexible.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand
Understand and support any proof of concept effort and integrate
into current work process.
- Working knowledge of big data related technologies and
Streaming data capture.
Understanding of financial services law.
- Experience in Auto Lending, Banking services business.
- Familiar with data management framework ITIL, TOGAF, Zackman or
Exposure to NoSQL databases.
- Some conceptual level understanding of containers, micro
service architecture event streams.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect
differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity
of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as
sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting
equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite
meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to
fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not
list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your
supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be
evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed
in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this
job description at any time. This job description is not a contract
for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any
time for any reason.
Bachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America
Other Locations: Florida-Miami
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Homestead , USA Associate, Data Architecture, Other , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!