Posted on: November 16, 2022
Since 1957, LPI Corporation has manufactured products for jet
engines, aircraft components, and other aerospace & defense
applications. Our reputation for quality, service, and
dependability has permitted us to serve many of the worlds leading
aerospace & defense original equipment manufacturers.
The Machine Operator assists in the manufacturing process of parts
by operating mechanical equipment and maintains tolerances to
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads parts into CNC machines and runs pre-loaded
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance
to specifications, using precision measuring instruments (ie
calipers, micrometers, height gauge).
- Removes and replaces cutting tools.
- Monitors machines during operation, alerts supervisor to any
issues and makes simple adjustments to compensate for tool
- Stop machines to load workpieces and remove finished
workpieces, change tooling and perform other activities according
to required machining sequences.
- Lift workpieces and fixtures to machines manually or with
hoists or cranes.
- Move material, tools, fixtures and equipment as
- Clean parts and move parts between stations.
- Clean equipment and workspace.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required and/or
equivalent amount of technical/academic training.
- May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training
in area of specialty.
- At least 1 year of experience in the field or in a related
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Language: Ability to communicate effectively and follow
instructions; ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to use basic shop math.
- Reasoning Abilities: Ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Technical Skills: Familiar with standard concepts, practices,
and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited
experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain
degree of creativity and latitude is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, use hands to
finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or
hear. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: HEICO, Homestead , Machine Operator, Other , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!