Call Center Information Specialist
Company: Florida National Parks Association
Posted on: November 17, 2022
*Florida National Parks Association *
*Position: * Institutes of FNPA Information Specialist
*Location: * Homestead, Florida
*Reports To: * Director of Education
*Status: * 16 hours with the possibility to increase up to 32
hours; Part time
Florida National Parks Association (FNPA) is a non-profit
organization that works to support all four South Florida National
Park units in research, experiential education, and preservation
through retail sales and fee based educational programming.
FNPA is now accepting applications for Institute Information
Specialist. Candidates for this position should be detailed
oriented and have customer service experience with strong
communication, critical thinking, and computer skills. Information
Specialists act as the first point of contact between guests and
FNPA. They must uphold the culture of FNPA at all times while
making visitors feel valued.
Information Specialists answer inquiries in our call center and act
as a concierge in the retail stores of Biscayne and Everglades
This is a 16-hour, year-round position with the possibility to
increase up to 32 hours and candidates are expected to be available
to work weekends and holidays.
* Experience with providing excellent customer service and managing
stressful situations with professionalism.
* Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask and work well
individually in a fast-paced working environment.
* Highly skilled at communicating a lot of information in an
efficient and effective manner in-person, over the phone, email,
and instant messaging.
* Comfortable taking payment for Institute programs over the phone
and soliciting memberships and donations.
* A satisfactory criminal background check is a condition of
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings,
weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Inform visitors about South Florida National Parks and Institute
programs offered by FNPA in-person, over the phone, email, or
* Sell Institute programs offered by FNPA to visitors in-person,
over the phone, email, or instant messaging.
* Answer questions about the South Florida National Parks and
Institute programs offered by FNPA in-person, over the phone,
email, and instant messaging.
* Manage reservations including making reservations, rebooking
reservations, and cancelling reservations.
* Follow and implement all FNPA policies and represent FNPA in a
courteous and professional manner.
* Solicit memberships and donations from visitors as they complete
* When working in the retail stores, complete the check in process
and direct visitors participating in Institute programs.
* When working in the retail stores, assist store associates with
the completion of store merchandise sales.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position is stationed in the FNPA office located in Everglades
National Park at 10 Parachute Key Lot 51 Homestead, FL 33034 and
Biscayne National Park at 9700 SW 328th St, Homestead FL,
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.75 per hour
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Florida National Parks Association, Homestead , Call Center Information Specialist, Other , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!