Plasma Processing Technician (Bilingual)
Company: CSL Behring LTD
Posted on: November 21, 2022
- Responsible for the evaluation of donor suitability for
automated pheresis procedures. Administration and supervision of
approved immunizations other than red blood cell immunizations.
Provides limited emergency medical care to donors and staff,
including the administration of medication or treatments in
accordance with licensure or certification.
- Promotes positive customer relations with all donors.
- Conducts confidential and effective interviews with donors to
obtain necessary information regarding suitability to donate
- In conjunction with the Center Medical Director and/or Center
Physician responds to medically related questions from staff
including donor suitability and provides information to staff on
medically related issues.
- Performs medical history reviews and health assessments on
donors. Assesses results of donor screening and laboratory tests to
determine initial and continuing donor suitability.
- Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results.
Refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and
- Explains informed consent to applicant donors. This includes
explanation of procedures, hazards and potential adverse events;
explanation of immunization schedules, dose and antibody response;
providing clear opportunity for donor to refuse participation;
obtaining signature and date certifying informed consent.
- Handles medical emergencies at the Center by providing routine
care as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); elevates
situations to Center Physician or local medical service providers
as required. Periodically checks emergency kits to assure supplies
are present and in-date.
- Reviews test results and determines continued donor
suitability. Follows SOPs regarding acceptable ranges of four-month
required test (PE/STS) reports. Maintains knowledge of and apply
all rules regarding four-month approvals and grace
- Assess signs and symptoms a donor may exhibit that may result
in the inability to continue donating.
- Manages employee hepatitis B and influenza immunization
program, including administration of immunizations.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center where applicable, and oversees donor
immunization programs. Reviews antibody titer results as required.
Maintains awareness of appropriate immunization schedule for each
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these
internal procedures and documentation.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Active state licensure from a paramedic, nursing, physician
assistant, chiropractic, naturopathic training program or medical
school required OR
- Completion of a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical
school and only if also currently licensed as a physician or
certified as an EMT in the state
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care environment
or one year of clinical experience from a vocational or nursing
- Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or
other regulated environment preferred
- Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart,
lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
- Ability to instruct donors, staff and community regarding the
benefit of plasma donation programs
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on
local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job
documentation where applicable.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. Its important
and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the worlds largest collectors of human plasma.
Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases
are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our
work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL
embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Behring LTD, Homestead , Plasma Processing Technician (Bilingual), Other , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!