Building Maintenance Worker II
Company: City of Homestead
Posted on: November 18, 2021
General Function: Common maintenance and repair of all City
facilities to include building management systems, computer
maintenance applications, minor electrical, indoor plumbing,
carpentry, painting, air conditioning/heating maintenance, and
other duties as required in the maintenance of facilities.
Instructions from Building Maintenance Supervisor are specific in
nature and work is subject to inspection during progress and upon
completion. Knowledge of general construction techniques.Reports
To: Parks, Facility Maintenance & Public Works
SupervisorSupervisory Responsibility: NoneEssential Duties and
- Capable of working independently as necessary.
- Troubleshoots/adjusts building maintenance systems via computer
- Repairs and maintains physical structures of City
- Repair of electrical outlets, install electrical conduit,
checking electrical circuits for fault isolation and replacement of
fluorescent light bulbs.
- Paints structures and repairs woodwork with carpenter's
- Performs minor construction work as required.
- Repairs plumbing fixtures.
- Repair and install plaster dry wall and masonry walls.
- Safeguards assigned equipment and tools.The duties listed above
are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work
that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
a logical assignment to the position. Qualifying individuals with
disabilities may be provided reasonable accommodations to enable
them to perform the essential functions.Type of Appointment/Work
- Full-time/Regular position.
- Standard workweek, which is forty (40) hours of work per week
consisting of five (5) days of eight (8) hours per day or four (4)
days of ten (10) hours per day. The work day may be varied for the
efficient delivery of public service.
- Will be required to work other than the standard workweek on
occasion, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Will be required to work occasional overtime or shift
assignments, if applicable.Physical and Environmental Demands or
Conditions: The physical and environmental demands for this
position have been listed on the last page on the last page of this
description. Physical and environmental demands must be met to
successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have previous experience in painting and carpentry work,
construction, and maintenance.
- 1 year experience working with building maintenance software
like Metasys, Lutron, or equivalent
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions and
perform work according to approved and recognized safety
- Must pass hands-on skills test.
- Must possess a valid Florida CDL Drivers License with a clean
driving record or obtain a CDL License within one year.
- Must pass a background screening process.Core Competencies:
- Judgment - Sound decisions based on fact; uses logic to solve
- Quality of Work - Performs work thoroughly, accurately and
- Reliability - Timely and consistently completes assigned work;
consistently reports to work and is punctual.
- Safety - Committed to ensuring a safe environment and complies
with applicable safety standards.
- Technical Capability - Applies knowledge to identify issues and
works to develop skills; demonstrates knowledge of techniques,
skills, and equipment.Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- The employee must successfully pass a background screening
process and must comply with the Drug Free Workplace policy.
- The City will also verify the identity and employment
authorization of individuals hired so the proper completion of Form
I-9 is required, which includes the employee providing documents
evidencing identity and employment authorization.All of the above
information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of
work performed by employees in this position. This description is
not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities
may change at any time with or without notice.Applications are
available in our website under Job Opportunities, where available
positions with the City are posted. Job Type: Full-timePay: $22.32
- $23.43 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: City of Homestead, Homestead , Building Maintenance Worker II, Professions , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!