Surgical Technician 3 (U) - UHT -$7,500 Sign - On Bonus
Company: UHealth University of Miami Health System
Posted on: August 5, 2022
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the
University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use
the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a
faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review
this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and
academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest
private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for
excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and
impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the
community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging,
where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value.
Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence,
Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community
works together to create an environment driven by purpose,
excellence, community, and service.
The Perioperative Services Department at the UHealth Towers has an
exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Surgical Technician 3 (U). The
Surgical Technician 3 (U) accounts for the instruments and
equipment used during surgical procedures and maintains a sterile
field during surgical procedures. The Surgical Technician 3 (U)
demonstrates competency and proficiency in the use of equipment and
instruments for all surgical procedures that are performed within
* Prepares the surgical suite, ensuring environmental safety for
the patient and personnel.
* Demonstrates a surgical conscience by practicing aseptic
* Maintains a neat and organized sterile field.
* Labels medications and solutions on the surgical field.
* Returns instruments to the workroom for decontamination and
returns unused supplies and instruments to their designated
* Participates in the stocking of sub sterile rooms and picks up
the supplies for the next day.
* Maintains complete confidentiality of all medical, financial, and
employee information, and other sensitive materials.
* Demonstrates orientation towards service excellence by conducting
daily activities, communications, and interactions in a
cooperative, positive, and professional manner.
* Cleans and sterilizes surgical instruments and assists with
inventory and ordering of supplies for the surgery center.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities as necessary.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
* Certification in relevant specialty or field
* Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to
* Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure
while meeting deadlines.
* Ability to process and handle confidential information with
* Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
* Commitment to the University's core values.
* Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience
and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition
remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only
university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care
powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at
the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza
("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of
Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide
ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and
clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or
clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination.
Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or
termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: UHealth University of Miami Health System, Homestead , Surgical Technician 3 (U) - UHT -$7,500 Sign - On Bonus, Professions , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!