Facility Engineering Manager
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Facility Maintenance Manager plans, directs, coordinates and
controls all facility maintenance to ensure proper safety,
sanitation, and mechanical functions for all buildings, grounds,
- Bachelors degree in engineering, construction, or business
required; Master's preferred.
- Ten (10) years of facilities management experience with five
(5) having been in a management capacity
- Commercial HVAC experience preferred
- Experience in a healthcare or institutional setting
- Experience in life-safety systems, computerized work order
management and preventive maintenance systems
- None requiredResponsibilities
- Conducts and oversees the preventive and corrective maintenance
- Evaluates all maintenance request forms, sets priorities, and
process departmental work assignments.
- Hires contractors or subcontractors to perform maintenance work
too specialized or extensive to be performed by the maintenance
- Works with other department heads to address corporate and The
Joint Commission compliance issues
- Monitors all operations of the maintenance staff. Prepares
daily and monthly work schedules for the department staff.
- Maintains all maintenance records.
- Purchases supplies for the department from approved
- Conducts training on life safety and other programs
- Works with the business office to maintain all appropriate
permits and licensing.
- Provides reports on all life safety, maintenance issues.
- Performs routine inspections of all HVAC, emergency and
disaster systems and equipment.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Homestead , Facility Engineering Manager, Executive , Homestead, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!